Why is it important to our community?
· The Census results have a direct impact on our kid’s school lunches, plans for highways, support for firefighters and friends in need.
· It determines what share of hundreds of billions of dollars in federal funding flow into our community.
What does it affect in this community?
· Medical Assistance Programs such as Medicare/Medicaid
· Highway Planning and Construction – Ports to Plains
· Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
· Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
· Child Care and Development Fund Entitlement
· Emergency Community and Water Assistance Grants
· Block Grants for the Prevention and Treatment of Substance Abuse
· Title 1 Grants to local Education Agencies